Tuesday, July 12, 2005

mint and tobacco

complementary or opposites?

It's quite a task to analyze this. Besides, there isn't much need for analysis.

There was this couple I met a long time back. Interesting folks. She was a writer and he an admirer. It was an unusual match, someone somewhere had conspired, do not ask me why.

"...ajab yeh pher hai,
taqdeer ka yeh pher to shayad nahin hai..."


...so they lived. She wrote, he admired. All was well till the "issue" intervened. Now these issues are peculiar creatures. They crop up from nowhere and take charge of innocent lives. They make you sit up and think. They mock peace. They spilt you. They make wanderers seek direction, it's a pity!

Uninvited Bastards these "issues"

But they are cathartic, get rid of a lot of bad blood, make characters rethink, create new ground, evolve emotions and make humans human.

What became of them, I do not know. I moved on and haven't been in touch since. But I'm sure they would be happier now.

No, I don't have facts to back this. I told you it was an unusual match, someone somewhere had conspired, do not ask me why.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, July 12, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

very o henryish! enjoyable.

 
At 9:23 PM, July 13, 2005 , Blogger shradha said...

mint tea
pray plea
sand sea
write see
you & me

 
At 9:06 AM, July 14, 2005 , Blogger soap said...

I wonder if the issues had anything to do with her writing. What a lovely, heartbreaking story.

I hope it ended well for them. Unlikely conspiracies have been known to succeed. But when things start conspiring against you, all the writing in the world won't help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter