Saturday, July 16, 2005

Raqs-e-bismil (The dance of the wounded)

That afternoon she wrote.
She wrote poetry.
Wrote poetry for me.
For me she changed scripts.
Changed scripts.
Scripts?

That evening we walked.
We walked the same path.
Same path, different strokes.
Different strokes of a new born green.
Born green for a reason.
A reason unexplained.
Unexplained?

That night she wept.
She wept for reasons I'll never know.
Never know what she left incomplete.
Left incomplete for I interrupted.
I interrupted.
Interrupted?

It is a mad dance. I do it because she insists. The pleasures of a simple life!

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, July 18, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smells of deep, lasting, pure love - most needed in these times.

 
At 10:49 AM, July 20, 2005 , Blogger soap said...

Scripted, unexplained, interrupted... doesn't sound so unadulterated to me.

Love is not always what we need most. Rarely is love in short supply.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter