Monday, May 19, 2008

shukriya ani meherbani

i would like to thank:

  • the guru - because guru bina gatti nahin!
  • my sister meezo for helping me break the inertia and also being a source of inspiration as she practiced what she preached
  • the young (jurno) lass from jharkand for ensuring that the momentum did not die away and for enabling the once dormant power to dream
  • dearest grand-mommy who as per instructions prayed for me and shared little moments of happiness
  • dearest mommy for making me realize the importance of electrolytes thus helping me deal with cramps; her recommendation of coconut water and ORS were priceless
  • dear flatmate n for taking the altered diet plan with loads of grace and suffered unending breakfasts of sprouts and also my ramble each morning after training
  • dear friends j and n (again) for helping me with procurement decisions and also serving as mute sounding boards, patiently listening to my self evolved stratagems and counter-stratagems. j in his standard selfless style even lent me his cap for almost a month (which i never used eventually)
  • cousin marry-am from across the globe for providing extremely valuable and tangible inputs (the pasta dinner advice for instance)
  • mamu dear for his very practical one line advice "bus dheerey dheerey bhagna ... "
  • my elder brother, sports mentor, most dependable coach for the enthusiasm in his voice when i told him about the run ... he might never know how infectious that spark was
  • pops dear for his post run wisecracks and a little this a little that trademark talk
  • r from the team whose sms provided cheer on the race day morning
  • numerous residents of this great city who were out on the streets, cheering and encouraging ... that one random stranger whos "rukna mat, bus himmat rakh" remark still echoes
  • prema aunty for just being around and ensuring that my running dress was washed daily, also i think she prayed for me when she went to church yesterday
  • fayaaz bhai for bringing me back home and for playing those excellent qawallis; honest to god had he not agreed i doubt i would have gotten an auto
  • youtube, for making available quite a few inspirational clips
thank you all. thank you very much!

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, May 26, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D
and many many congratulations to YOU!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter