Monday, July 25, 2005

Westside Mahatma

Scene I

A fancy shopping mall, full of fancy people, buying fancy stuff. As long as I did not enter the frame it was fun, one of those scenes where you wallow in the wings rejoicing the fact that the spotlight will not impinge. I could not play truant for long, the absurd tragedies of the craft.

When you have to do what you have to do it makes sense to do the best you can. I tried being as professional as I could, but I guess it was not good enough. If you want me to assign a reason, I'd blame the old villain - Intimidation!

Scene II

A simple curtilage around a simple house. Simple people who leave simpler comments. The simplicity was imposing right from the entry. One of those situations where you rely on your partner to bail you out, and it aggravates if your partner is reliable, the typical comedies of the craft.

When you realize the glaring mismatch it makes sense to retreat. Sometimes respect shuts out logic and impulses start dictating movements. Cues are missed and dialogues are created. If you want me to assign a reason, I'd blame the old villain - Intimidation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Blog Counter